For The Engineer
Better Quality and Consistency: Cold
Forming/Forging is a purely mechanical process that forms metal into net or near
net shapes, but unlike traditional alternatives, it is performed at room
temperature without using additional heat, providing more precise tolerances and
part to part consistency than any other method.
Whitesell Cold Forming/Forging provides
- Higher Strength: Cold forming work hardens the material raising its yield
stress, making it significantly stronger than can be produced through other
methods. With these higher strength properties, component design thickness can
often be reduced offering further savings on weight, material and clearance.
- Higher yields for exceptional strength
- Most precise tolerances available
- Improved physical properties by refining grain structure
- Exceptional surface finish no scale
- Part-to-part uniformity/repeatability
- Better functional reliability
- Reduced/eliminated machining & waste
- May eliminate subsequent heat treating
Go Ahead. Get Creative.
Get in touch with Whitesell's engineering and product specialists who can provide you with all the resources you need to tackle large component design and applications challenges.
For the Near Net Shape User
Whitesell's cold forming/forging processes can produce superior near net shapes.
Net or near net shapes are produced with no heat, reduced or eliminated waste, and offer solutions that require substantially less machining/processing to reach your final desired form.
Whitesell can provide either the near net shape
or the completed final component.
In-House Secondary Processing and Finishing
Whitesell further leverages these advantages for its customers by blending near net cold forming capability with in-house vertically integrated secondary finishing operations.
Some of Whitesell Group's in house processes include:
- Multi Axis CNC Precision Machining
- CNC Hydromat Precision Components
- Screw Machining
- Roll Forming
- Thread Rolling
- Flattening and Piercing
- Drill & Tap
Creative Savings and Solutions: For many customers this provides the ability to reduce or eliminate their own vertically integrated processes.
As an industry leading metal forming and supply chain solutions company, Whitesell can also provide customers with cost saving completed large component assemblies which integrate our cold formed/forged elements with other custom fabricated or sourced components. A quick review of your large metal form assemblies with Whitesell can identify opportunities for cost reductions. Click for more on completed assemblies.
- Highest level of Quality.
- Lowest finished component costs.
- Opportunities for vertically integrated production/processes cost elimination.